IDENTIFY RESPONSIBILITIES OF A TEAM LEADER IN ENSURING THAT ORGANISATIONAL STANDARDS
- COURSE CONTENT
This unit standard explores the role of the team leader in ensuring that the team meets organisational or required standards.
Unit 1: Explain the role of a team leader in an organisation.
- The role of a team leader in an organisation is explained with reference to their job description.
- The responsibilities of a team leader are explained within the context of a work environment.
- The concepts of authority, responsibility and accountability are explained with reference to the team leader's own position in an organisation.
- The organising of workers in teams is explained in terms of recognised theory and practice.
Unit 2 : Explain the purpose of the team.
- The concept of a team is explained according to accepted theory and practice.
- The purpose of the team is explained to the team members according to organisational requirements.
- The role and expected outputs of each member of the team are identified in relation to the purpose.
Unit 3: Contract with the team members to obtain commitment to achieve organisational standards.
- Tasks, performance plans, targets and standards are discussed and agreed according to organisational requirements.
- Time allocations for achieving individual and team objectives are agreed through a process of consultation.
Unit 4: Implement, monitor and evaluate performance against team objectives and organisational standards.
- Agreed plans are implemented according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Potential difficulties in achieving the plan are anticipated through reflection and feedback.
- Team outputs are monitored against agreed targets and time allocations.
- Variances to required outputs are identified and corrective action is taken where necessary.
Duration: 5 Day
Identify responsibilities of a team leader in ensuring that organisational standards are met
SAQA ID: 242821
NQF Level: 4