EVALUATE PERSONAL SALES PERFORMANCE IN THE RETAIL INDUSTRY
- COURSE CONTENT
This Unit Standard is intended for learners in automotive sales who are required to forecast, monitor and evaluate their own performance from statistical information and market trends.
Unit 1: Evaluate information for forecasting sales against company expectation.
- Information that can be used to forecast sales is accessed according to company policies, procedures and methodologies.
- The information obtained is evaluated with reference to the previous month's company sales reports.
- Past industry sales performance is analysed in relation to personal sales.
- Own performance is evaluated against past industry sales performance and reasons for deviations are provided.
Unit 2: Make and record sales forecasts based on market factors.
- New factors that could impact upon sales targets are identified in terms of company and market constraints.
- Adjustments to sales targets are calculated based on assessed factors affecting sales.
- Sales figures and forecasts for the next three months are obtained according to organisational guidelines.
- Personal sales forecast are developed according to standard procedures.
- Own forecast is evaluated against managerial targets with reasons for deviations.
Unit 3: Monitor and evaluate previous own sales performance against own forecasts.
- Previous sales performance is evaluated against a personal sales plan forecast.
- A deviation report of objectives not met during previous sales months is submitted according to company procedures.
- Shortcomings in personal performance are listed and corrective steps proposed in terms of creating a personal development plan.
- Duration: 5 Day
- Delivery: Classroom/Online
- SAQA ID: 259918
- NQF Level: 4
- Credits: 5