DEMONSTRATE KNOWLEDGE AND APPLICATION OF ETHICAL CONDUCT IN A BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
- COURSE CONTENT
This Unit Standard is intended for learners in a business environment. It is designed to raise moral standards as a counter to potential or real corruption within a business environment. The focus is on ethics and the learner, and does not include corporate governance.
Unit 1: Explain the concept of ethics in relation to property and personality rights.
- The role of the South African Constitution in defining the source of ethics for South African society in relation to property and personality rights is explained in context of the business environment.
- The relationship between ethics and the law is described for a specific business sector.
- The relationship between ethics and generally accepted codes of conduct is explained for a specific business sector.
Unit 2: Describe the role of a code of conduct in a business environment.
- The concept of a code of conduct is explained with reference to the role of a code in a business environment.
- The current generally accepted code of business ethics is analysed and an indication is given of how it should be applied in a business environment.
- A code of conduct of a business is evaluated against the generally accepted code and checked for alignment.
- The codes of conduct of two different business sectors are compared and an explanation is given for apparent differences.
- The code of conduct of a professional organisation in a sector is compared to that of a business in the sector and an indication is given of any apparent differences.
Unit 3: Apply different ethical principles in a specific context.
- The ethical principles in the generally accepted code are applied to different studies that illustrate different principles.
- The process to be followed when the code of ethics is breached is explained for different examples.
- Duration: 5 Day
- Delivery: Classroom/Online
- SAQA ID: 242655
- NQF Level: 4
- Credits: 4