- COURSE CONTENT
Conflict in the workplace can be a normal part of doing business. When properly managed, it can be beneficial as it fosters an environment of healthy competition.
However, conflict may also have a detrimental effect. As a manager or business owner, you need to be aware of potential sources of conflict within your work environment.
Unit 1: Main sources of conflict
- Possible sources of conflict
- Positive and negative
characteristics of conflict in
- Conflict that may arise in
Unit 2: Appropriate techniques in conflict management
- Various business conflict modes
- Useful steps to be taken to manage conflict
- Managing your own conflicts
- Specific personalities and strategies on how to deal with them
- Different stages of conflict
Unit 3: Appropriate action plan and strategies to manage conflict
- Introduction – methods available to resolve conflict in terms of the Labour Relations Act
- Most appropriate strategy to resolve a particular conflict
- Action plans for conflict resolution
- Role organisational policies and procedures play in preventing/resolving conflict
Unit 4: Attributes of an effective conflict manager
- Personal attributes of a good conflict manager
- Conducting a skills audit
- Negative attributes which should be avoided or controlled by an effective conflict manager
- Duration: 1 Day
- Delivery: Classroom
5 Day Courses: Participants will receive a SpecCon Holdings certificate upon completion of all courses.
1 Day Courses: Participants will receive a SpecCon Holdings certificate upon completion of this course.