Learners who have completed this course will be able to take the necessary safety precautions when working on a tractor, maintaining a tractor daily, be able to describe the legal requirements when working on a tractor and washing and cleaning a tractor.
Unit 1:Take precautionary measures when working on a tractor
- Safety precautions are to be taken when working on a tractor.
- Legal requirements are to be complied with when operating a tractor.
Unit 2:Maintain tractor
- The Cooling system is attended to manually.
- Lubrication of the tractor is attended to manually.
- The air intake system was attended to manually.
- The wheels attended to as required.
- Fuel system attended to as required.
- The lights, flickers and the hooter are checked on a daily basis.
Unit 3:Clean and wash tractor
- Dirt to be removed manually as required.
- Wash the tractor manually
Duration: 1 Day
SAQA ID: 116818
NQF Level: 2
Certificate Validity: 2 Years