SKILLS DEVELOPMENT FACILITATION (SDF)
This course will be useful to people who oversee or manage education, training and skills development within organisations according to agreed development plans. The course will be especially useful to skills development facilitators, training managers and human resource development practitioners.
Unit 1:Identify and prioritise learners' learning requirements
- Learning requirements are identified and defined in outcome terms at individual and group levels.
- Justifications for learning programmes are provided in terms of available needs analyses.
- Learning outcomes are confirmed with relevant stakeholders.
- Priorities are established using agreed criteria and policies.
- Decisions are consistent with the learner and organisational needs and take into account costs versus benefits.
- Prioritisation is matched with available resources, including a budget, facilities, personnel and learning opportunities.
Unit 2 :Plan and organise learning interventions
- Individuals and organisations are assisted to identify and consider options for implementation of education, training and development plans.
- The selection of providers ensures a suitable match between identified needs of the learner/s and the availability, experience, expertise, resources and delivery style of the providers.
- Selection of provider/s and learners allows identified learning requirements to be met within available resources and according to established priorities.
- Plans take into account the culture of the organisation and lessons learnt from other interventions.
- Location, facilities and equipment support learning requirements and are ensured to be ready and available.
- Interventions are promoted, grouped and scheduled to accommodate stakeholder requirements and learner availability.
Unit 3:Coordinate learning interventions.
- Coordination activities are carried out according to the plan.
- Communication is maintained between involved parties in such a way as to maximise efficiency.
- Implementation difficulties are addressed through appropriate mechanisms.
- Records are maintained to reveal the progress of learning interventions.
Unit 4:Review and report on learning interventions.
- Reviews provide information on the strengths and weaknesses of the learning interventions.
- Recommendations made have the potential to improve the planning and implementation of future learning interventions.
- Outcomes are reviewed for conformity with identified needs so as to define and determine successes and discrepancies.
- Learning data is recorded in accordance with quality management requirements for format and content.
Duration: 1 Day
Skills Development Facilitation (SDF)
SAQA ID: 15232
NQF Level: 5
Certificate Validity: 2 Years