LEAD PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT AND TALENT MANAGEMENT
This Unit Standard is intended for managers in all economic sectors. These managers would typically be second level managers such as heads of department, section heads or divisional heads, who may have more than one team reporting to them.
Unit 1: Analyse education, training and development needs of members of a unit.
- The skills gaps and training needs of staff in the work unit are determined through the training needs analysis.
- The results from the recent performance appraisal are integrated into the training needs analysis.
- The entity's talent management strategy was used as a basis for conducting the training needs analysis of staff in the unit.
- Stakeholder input was obtained to reach agreement on the interpretation of the results of the training needs analysis.
Unit 2: Record the results of the training needs analysis.
- The development needs of staff to be addressed through training and non-training interventions are recorded in the training needs analysis report.
- The development needs are related to the career development paths of individual staff members in accordance with the requirements of the entity.
- The development needs are linked to the talent management strategy of the entity.
- The report on the training needs analysis is communicated to interested parties in a usable format.
Unit 3: Compile a people development plan for a unit.
- The types of the learning programmes described in the plan are motivated in terms of the development needs identified through the training needs analysis conducted.
- The objectives and desired outcomes of the planned learning programmes are appropriately linked to the needs identified in the training needs analysis.
- The responsibilities for the implementation of the plan and time frames are stipulated to enhance effective implementation.
- The role of the unit manager in relation to talent management and people development within a unit are motivated through practical examples.
- The plan is aligned to the legal framework and internal requirements relating to skills development.
- The commitment to promoting lifelong learning within a learning culture is reflected in the development plan.
Duration: 5 Day
Lead people development and talent management
SAQA ID: 252029
NQF Level: 5