FINANCE FOR NON-FINANCIAL MANAGERS
DURATION & DELIVERY
This course is intended for all managers who run and lead a functional department in an organisation. Marketing, Operations, Human Resources, IT or General Managers who want to learn the tricks of handling money can greatly benefit from this course, Finance for Non-Financial Managers. You will learn basic accounting concepts and means to budgeting, allowing you to have confidence in bookkeeping and reviewing income and expenses accounts. Here, you will be given the knowledge you need to create an investment for you and/or your company. A major part of finance is about making good use of company resources by spending according to the company’s available accounts. However, you need to be well-informed before making the decision to spend. You will have the opportunity to learn how to use the tools that will help you make informed decisions when it comes to spending. In regards to handling money, it is important that managers of all departments make informed decisions, especially in the world of constantly changing trends, political instability and public opinion. Finance for Non-Financial Managers is the course you need for gaining skills that will take your business to the next step.
- Be able to identify sources of income and expenditure;
- Understand what financial viability entails;
- Learn to analyse and understand all the elements of a balance sheet;
- Be able to use a financial calculator;
- Learn how to evaluate new investments by means of capital budgeting; and
- Manage the cash flow of a business or household.
- Unit 1 What is finance?
- 1. Introduction to finance
- 2. Financial accounting concepts, principles and procedures
- Unit 2 Basic elements of an
- 1. Format of an income statement
2. Sources of income and expenditure
- Unit 3 Basic elements of a
- 1. Basic elements of a balance sheet
2. Concept of an asset
3. Concept of liability
4. Comparing and evaluating balance sheets
- Unit 4 Compiling a personal
- asset and liability statement
- Compiling a personal asset and liability statement
- Unit 5 Making financial
decisions using financial
- 1. Compiling a personal asset
and liability statement
2. Cashflow and liquidity
- Unit 6 The accounting cycle
- 1. The accounting cycle
- Unit 7 Management reports
- 1. Management reports and month-ends
Duration: 1 Day
5 Day Courses: Participants will receive a SpecCon Holdings certificate upon completion of all courses.
1 Day Courses: Participants will receive a SpecCon Holdings certificate upon completion of this course.