DEMONSTRATE AN UNDERSTANDING OF AN ENTREPRENEURIAL PROFILE
- COURSE CONTENT
This unit standard is for learners who are required to identify and develop within themselves, the personal characteristics of an entrepreneur that ensure the successful operation of a new venture. The unit standard also introduces the learner to the economic, administrative and behavioural (psycho-social) barriers that contribute to the success in starting and sustaining an enterprise. The learner will develop strategies to work effectively in a group and set personal goals in an entrepreneurial context.
Unit 1:Describe entrepreneurship.
- Entrepreneurship is discussed in terms of employment opportunities.
- Entrepreneurial opportunities are identified and described within a specific economic area related to the interest of the learner.
- An explanation is given of the advantages and disadvantages of entrepreneurship.
- Reasons for business failure are identified and discussed with examples.
- An explanation is given of the role of entrepreneurship in social development.
Unit 2 :Describe the characteristics of a successful entrepreneur.
- Examples of successful entrepreneurs are discussed in terms of their characteristics.
- Skills, aptitudes, personality and values of entrepreneurial behaviour are clearly differentiated with examples.
- The importance of each characteristic is analysed in the context of a specific new venture.
- The technical, business, managerial and personal strategies required for establishing a successful venture are explained with examples.
Unit 3:Develop individual entrepreneurial characteristics.
- Baseline knowledge of self in respect of personality, interests and aptitude is established by the learner.
- The characteristics of a successful entrepreneur are identified and listed in the individual`s own context.
- Own strengths and weaknesses as an entrepreneur are determined with examples.
- Strategies to address shortcomings are developed and implemented where possible.
- Enabling programmes for the new entrepreneur is identified and explained in terms of their benefits and limitations.
- Short term goals are articulated and discussed for self in entrepreneurial context medium and long term goals are planned and determined in the context of sustainability
- Duration:5 Day
- Delivery: Classroom/Online
5 Day Courses: Participants will receive a SpecCon Holdings certificate upon completion of all courses.