DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURES (INVESTIGATING & PRESIDING OFFICER)
This course is for people who are, or seek to be a human resources management or employment relations practitioner or a general manager. Persons credited with this unit standard are able to identify and categorise transgression, implement appropriate procedures and represent an employee at a disciplinary hearing.
Unit 1: Identify and classify transgression
- Sufficient information is gathered concerning alleged transgression.
- Transgression is correctly classified in terms of the available evidence.
- The correct procedure for handling the transgression is selected.
Unit 2 : Implement procedure to handle non-dismissible offences
- The employee is informed within the stipulated time frame of the alleged contravention of a workplace rule and his/her rights in this respect.
- The employee is confronted with the relevant facts and provided with sufficient opportunity to state his case.
- The employee is informed in the appropriate manner of the disciplinary action to be instituted and his rights in this respect.
- The disciplinary action is accurately recorded according to the disciplinary procedure.
Unit 3 : Implement procedure to handle dismissible offences
- Further investigation is conducted and detailed information is gathered.
- The employee is informed within the stipulated time frame and in the correct manner, of the alleged contravention of a workplace rule and his/her rights in this respect.
- Detailed evidence is led including witnesses and the cross-questioning of witnesses.
- Relevant argument and evidence in mitigation or aggravation is presented.
Unit 4: Represent employee at disciplinary hearing
- The allegation or charge is correctly analysed and adequately investigated.
- The relevant information is requested from the employer.
- The employee and witnesses are properly prepared for the hearing.
- The employee's case is succinctly and effectively presented.
- Witnesses are appropriately questioned and cross-examined.
- Pleas in mitigation are properly prepared and presented.
- Where relevant appeals are lodged in terms of the disciplinary procedure.
- Duration: 1 Day
- Delivery: Classroom
5 Day Courses: Participants will receive a SpecCon Holdings certificate upon completion of all courses.
1 Day Courses: Participants will receive a SpecCon Holdings certificate upon completion of this course.