BASIC COMPUTER SKILLS
This course explains what a computer is and what it does, looking at the different elements of a computer, including the hardware and software
components. You will learn the basic functions of a computer, how to hold and operate a mouse and a keyboard, how to open and close programs and
documents, and many more exciting features
5 Day Courses: Participants will receive a SpecCon Holdings certificate upon completion of all courses.
1 Day Courses: Participants will receive a SpecCon Holdings certificate upon completion of this course.
Unit 1: Introduction to Computers
- What is a computer?
- What are hardware and
- Different types of computers
- What is a storage device?
Unit 2: Input devices
- What is an input device?
- How to hold a mouse
- How to use a mouse
- Exploring the keyboard
Unit 3: Output devices
- What is an output device?
Unit 4: Softwares
- What is an operating system?
- Exploring the desktop
- Managing files with File
- Exploring the taskbar
- Personalising your desktop
- What is application software?
- Opening and saving
Unit 5: Internet & Networks
- The internet and different networks
- Network components and signing in
- Types of telephone network connections
- The World Wide Web
- Internet and web applications
- Modems, browsers and ISPs
- Types of internet access
- Surfing strategies
- Benefits and limits of the internet
Unit 6: Setting up a computer workstation according to ergonomics and health and safety principle
- Computer ergonomics
- Computer health and safety
- Setting up a computer workstation
- Environmentally responsible practices
Duration: 1 Day