APPLY BASIC BUSINESS ETHICS IN A WORK ENVIRONMENT
- COURSE CONTENT
This Unit Standard provides a basic introduction to ethics in a business environment and focuses on ethics and the learner.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
Unit 1:Reflect on own values and belief systems and how they influence own behaviour.
- The concepts of values, belief systems and ethics are explained with examples.
- The source(s) of values and belief systems are identified and an indication is given of how an individual`s ethics and values affect behaviour.
- Ways in which an individual may change his/her belief or value system are identified with examples.
Unit 2:Discuss how an individual`s ethics impact on the people around him/her.
- Ways in which an individual`s ethics impact on behaviour and interpersonal relationships are indicated with examples.
- The impact of personal ethics on the use of language is explained with examples.
- The importance of respecting confidentiality is explained in its own context.
- Ways in which an individual can influence the behaviour of others are identified and an indication is given of how this can impact on ethical conduct.
Unit 3:Explain how an individual can behave ethically in a business environment.
- The concept of ethical business practice is explained with examples.
- Adherence to company policy and confidentiality are discussed in terms of ethical conduct.
- Ethical ways of receiving and giving gifts and favours in a business context are discussed with reference to an organisation`s code of conduct.
- The importance of honesty in business dealings is explained with examples.
- The deliverables in own work situation are identified and an indication is given of the importance of productivity, accountability, attendance and delivery of work on time.
Unit 4:Demonstrate techniques for dealing with situations where own ethics and values conflict with work.
- Methods for dealing with unethical behaviour are demonstrated for three different situations.
- Methods of dealing with unethical business conduct are demonstrated for three scenarios.
- Own values and beliefs are compared to company practice and an indication is given of how an employee can deal with a situation where there is a conflict of an ethical nature.
- Ways of dealing with instances where an employee`s rights are undermined are demonstrated for three case studies.
- Duration: 5 Day
- Delivery: Classroom/Online
5 Day Courses: Participants will receive a SpecCon Holdings certificate upon completion of all courses.