ANALYSE LEADERSHIP AND RELATED THEORIES IN A WORK CONTEXT
This Unit Standard will be useful to learners who are working within the Public Sector, Local Government, commercial or community environment. It will enable learners to gain insight into the role of leadership within a work context, and thus providing them with the skills and knowledge to add value to one's job. This Unit Standard will also provide value to public officials who are involved in integrated development planning or public sector management and administration specialists.
Unit 1: Explain the concept of leadership.
- Various definitions of leadership are identified and explained with examples in the workplace.
- The roles and qualities of a leader are explained using examples.
Unit 2: Differentiate between leadership and management.
- Leadership and management are defined and differentiated using examples.
- The roles and qualities of a leader are differentiated and compared with those of a manager in a work context.
- The concepts of accountability and responsibility pertaining to a leader and manager are discussed and explained in terms of advantages and disadvantages in the work place.
- The role of a leader and a manager is compared in terms of their complementary roles in the work place.
Duration: 5 Day
Analyse leadership and related theories in a work context
SAQA ID: 120300
NQF Level: 5