Perform Maintenance on Tools and Equipment
Provide the learner with the necessary knowledge and skill to perform the following:
Operate tools and equipment used in farming
Service and maintain farm machinery and equipment
Unit 1:Operate tools and equipment commonly used in farming.
- Tools and equipment selected for purpose of use
- Tools and equipment used for purpose according to manufacturer`s requirements
- Safety precautions complied with according to enterprise and manufacturer`s requirements
Unit 2 :Service and maintain tools and equipment.
- Manufacturers requirements complied with when servicing equipment and tools
- Components to be checked/adjusted according manufacture`s requirements
- Manufacturer and enterprise safety requirements complied with
Unit 3:Diagnose and rectify common basic faults.
- Simple faults identified and rectified
- Complex faults are identified and reported to supervisor
- Components that are faulty are replaced under supervision
Duration: 1 Day
Perform Maintenance on tools and Equipment
SAQA ID: 12616
NQF Level: 3
Certificate Validity: 2 Years