Generic Management NQF 5
The Generic Management Learnership is designed to meet the needs of those learners who are specialising in General Management and are managing, or wish to progress to manage first line managers in an organisational entity. The skills, knowledge and understanding demonstrated within this qualification are essential for the creation of a talent pool of experienced and effective middle managers that represents the demographics of the South African society.
On achieving this qualification, the learner will have competencies in:
- Initiating, developing, implementing and evaluating operational strategies, projects and action plans.
- Monitoring and measuring performance and applying improvement interventions in the unit.
- Leading and managing a team to enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness.
- Building relationships with superiors and with stakeholders across the value chain.
- Applying the principles of risk, financial and knowledge management and business ethics.
- Enhancing the development of teams and team members.
Pre-requisites / Assumed Learning
Learners accessing this Learnership should be competent in:
- Communication at NQF level 4 (Grade 12)
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF level 4 (Grade 12)