Business Practice NQF 1
The Business Administration Services Learnership is designed to meet the needs of those learners who are
preparing to become employed, or self-employed, in any business. It offers the grounding required for
operating in the business environment and seeks to embed the six key literacies required by business
organisation, namely, numeracy, literacy, entrepreneurial, financial, technological and cognitive literacies.
This Qualification is intended to enable learners to communicate and work with figures in a business
environment, and empowers learners in areas of technology, life orientation, human and social sciences
(customer service), economics, and management (entrepreneurship).
On achieving this qualification, the learner will have competencies in:
- Using fundamental skills in a business environment;
- Making appropriate use of Information and Communications Technology in an office setting;
- Understanding and applying entrepreneurial and business knowledge and attitude; and
- Incorporating life skills in an employment or self-employment situation.
Pre-requisites / Assumed Learning
Learners accessing this Learnership should be competent in:
- Communication at ABET level 3 (Grade 7)
- Mathematical Literacy at ABET level 3 (Grade 7
Further Study Option
Learners completing this qualification may consider further studies in:
- New Venture Creation (NQF2)